Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday Challenge

Time for a new WHAT IF? Wednesday challenge from Repeat Impressions. Wendy gives us a sketch and we create some examples for you. You can find the sketch and the complete details on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built. You will also find the Rock Stars' creations. Or you can follow these links to their blogs:
CheriDarsie ~ Dawn ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Kendra ~ Maki

For my card, I started with the butterfly, found on this page. I paper pieced it, using the same paper as for the background. The circle is punched with papers from the same matstack. The butterfly circle is mounted on Dimensionals. I colored some of the spots on the dotted flower to match the spotted paper. I added pearls to the flower centers. The sentiment is also from Repeat Impressions.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Whimsey said...

Oh cute - I LOVE those papers!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Lynette! Love the paper pieced butterfly!

joy said...

Wonderful card! This is a sentiment that I just love because it goes with so many occasions. I love how you have colored the butterfly using the same colors that are in the dp.

Mary said...

Your butterfly is beautiful! What a wonderful way to use the background paper that you did.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

I'm just amazed by how perfect and beautiful the butterfly looks made from the paper. I really need to try that sometime.

Shoshi said...

That's a very clever idea, to use the stripy paper as the base layer for the butterfly, Lynette. It doesn't look stripy unless you look carefully - just variegated in an interesting way! Something to try...

Thanks for another lovely comment on my blog, and I'm glad you like my knitting. It's coming on, slowly but surely. I do the odd row here and there if I've got a moment, and then if there's something on TV I do some then. No great urgency to finish it, and I'm enjoying the process!

Have a great Easter weekend.

Hugs,
Shoshi

Cheri said...

Love your butterfly, Lynette. This is a beautiful card in every way.

Shoshi said...

Hi, me again Lynette! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Like you, up till now I haven't had time to redo my blog background - I had a feeling it might be a pain doing my own - it's OK if you use a ready-made one but I wanted to design my own. Still hoping someone will help me get it right! No time today, so it will have to be plain for a while longer, I think.

Hugs,
Shoshi