Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge - Birds of a Feather

This is my second post for today. If you are looking for my Flutter By Wednesday challenge post, please scroll down. 


A new Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge starts today and today was Cheri's choice. She choose a theme card, with the theme being "Birds of a Feather." Fun! One random participant for the month will win their choice of a full sheet of unmounted rubber. Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to also view the great creations by the other Rock Stars. Or, you can follow these links to their blogs:
Cheri ~ Dawn ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Kendra ~ Maki

My card is extremely simple. I made it for my niece and her husband who are expecting their first child on their first wedding anniversary. I'm very excited for them. I used the Stork stamp, found on this page. I paper-pieced the "bundle" and colored the beak and feet of the stork. I matted with Tangerine Tango cardstock from Stampin' Up! and used a strip of striped paper from a Die Cuts With a View matstack. The image panel is mounted on Dimensionals and the sentiment is from Repeat Impressions.

You still have a week to participate in the most recent WHAT IF? Wednesday challenge, too. You can find the details for that here.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute stamp!

Sandy said...

Great card Lynette. I love the idea of getting away from the expected pink/blue or pastels for a baby card!

Shoshi said...

Cor Lynette, that was quick! I've only just posted! Glad you like the results. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have got there at last, and to have my own personalised blog at last. So much effort, but worth it in the end!!

Love your latest card. Really cute! Again, simple lines, and a striking colour scheme. You are an artist.

Hugs,
Shoshi

Carolyn King said...

what a cute card! And congrats to your niece!

Cheri said...

What a fabulous card, Lynette! I love the bg and the piecing on the bundle....it's just too cute and how exciting to be expecting a new family member!!! Congratulations to all.

Unknown said...

This is fantastic Lynette! Beautiful CAS card!

Dawn B. said...

How exciting for them. This card is adorable. I love it.