Monday, March 9, 2015

Elephant Birthday Wishes - and an Update on my Dad

Another card made up almost entirely of "card parts" from my box.

I found the little elephant, cut from chipboard of some kind with a Cuttlebug die, the white panel embossed with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, and the patterned pink part, done with my Letterpress. I just put them together, added gems for the elephant's eyes, the sentiment from Hero Arts, and a piece of pink ribbon. Oh, and I also first sponged on some gray ink on the elephant.

It's been a while since I've mentioned anything about my dad. He is doing GREAT!! He has his taste back already and can eat whatever he wants with no problems! The weather down in Atlanta hasn't been the greatest, but it's been better than Minnesota:) He'll be back home in about a month or so, and we'll celebrate his 90th birthday with an Open House.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

What a sweet card! And that is great news about your dad. He is tough!

Unknown said...

I love your cards! I photocopy most of them so I can case them later.
Hugs to your dad.

bonnie32002 said...

Cute! I love your little elephant.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The card is so cute with that little elephant! Terrific news about your father! So glad he is feeling good and can really celebrate his 90th birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Great news about your dad! Your prayer warriors have been doing their jobs!

Mary said...

Your card is so pretty and sweet. I am so happy for your Dad, for you and all of your family. He is an amazing man! And how wonderful that you will all be able to celebrate his 90th birthday together. :)

Mary

Bea said...

Like the card. So happy to hear your Dad's doing so well. I will continue to keep him in my prayers.