Thursday, March 26, 2015

Yellow and Blue Swap Card

I bought this die from CropStop a while ago at a very cheap price, but found it hard to work with, since it's an odd shape for standard A2 cards. However, it fits perfectly on the 4 x 6 inch cards that I've used lately. I had intended to use the vanilla card base, but it looked better on white. This is for a color swap in my little stamping group. The colors (in case you couldn't guess!) are blue and yellow. I cut the blue piece using the die from Couture Creations. Then I matted it with yellow and trimmed the yellow down so it didn't show on the edges. I stamped the sentiment, then cut the tag with a Spellbinders die. I sponged blue ink on it before removing from the die. I added hand-doodled dashes along the edges.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

And I was the lucky recipient of this great card! Perfect for a color swap.

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! That die makes this card really striking!

I've started using dryer sheets to get the die out after its been cut. It also helps to give a little extra cut for a little more umph. Some of those dies are pretty pesky lol!

Leslie Miller said...

It's a beautiful die cut and the sentiment die looks great in the center, too. I have a bunch of those 4x6 pre-cut cards with matching envelopes but hardly ever remember to use them. This is very elegant and striking, Lynette!