Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

This card is for a member of our Yahoo group. Happy Birthday, Nancy! I hope your card arrived on time.

I stamped the poppies (from Penny Black) with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I didn't intend to cut them out, but I somehow got some black spots too near to the image to just trim it. So, I cut it out very close to the image. I used a tri-folded card that I bought in Des Moines last June. It comes with the circle already cut out and then a flap folds over it in the back so nothing shows. I embossed the front section with a folder from Darice. I added mulberry paper (how's THAT for a blast from the past???) behind the cut-out circle. I die-cut the sentiment last June at our Group Gathering, but I'm not sure who it's made by. Edited to add: Thanks, Vicki! The die-cut sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and is from Birthday Sentimentables Die set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a neat card! Love that mulberry paper behind the Poppies! I have some so I should drag it out. The sentiment you used is from Whimsy Stamps.

JUDI said...

I LOVE, and have, this poppy stamp. Very nice coloring. The card with the embossing looks great with the poppies and as far as the "blast from the past" goes, the mulberry paper looks wonderful.
With Love Judi

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! What an elegant look. I have lots of mulberry paper.....somewhere!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, love this! Great job trimming those pretty poppies. Love the pre-cut window design. Sure makes it easier!

Bea said...

Love the look and the colors. Very sharp!