Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy Birthday, Amelia!


Our granddaughter's birthday is at the end of the month. This is the card I made for her.

I had cut a background piece with my Cameo Silhouette and I decided to use it as a stencil. I sponged pink ink through it. I matted that with pink, also. I used two small Cuttlebug folders to emboss the crown and the "Princess." I matted that piece with pink, also, and mounted on Dimensionals. The letters are pearls - they came as letters. I actually bought them with the intention of cutting them apart, but I just came across them and thought they would be great for Amelia's card. I added the ribbon - which is a bow that I tied attached to a ribbon across the front. I used a piece of thread to tie around the ribbon before I attached the bow.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Patti said...

always inspired by your cards...love the challenge to use all your sets...am working on it
blessings
patti

Shoshi said...

This is so pretty, Lynette - absolutely fit for a little princess in pink! Love the step-by-step too. It's a delight.

Thank you for your kind words - we just have to contain ourselves in patience and wait for a new date. Not knowing the date is the worst because of not being able to make practical arrangements before I go in, but hopefully we'll hear something by the end of the week. It just can't be helped. I feel a lot better about it now than I did.

Shoshi

Lisa Lara said...

This is the sweetest Lynette. I love how you personalized it.

bonnie32002 said...

Happy birthday to Amelia!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, your background is great! The princess embossing is super sweet and the pearl letters are such a pretty way to personalize it. This will have to be a keepsake!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love the background and Amelia's name - I guess your Cameo is working again??

Unknown said...

This definitely could be framed and hung on the wall!

Mary said...

Love the card that you made for your granddaughter. I am sure she is a sweet little princess and will love her card. :)

Mary