Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hello!

Another card to use up a few items. A couple years ago, I bought a small pack of these flowers and butterflies from the Value Spot at Archivers. I still have two butterflies left, but I have now used all five flowers.

The flower "stem" is a stamp from Inkadinkado. It is more than just this part, but I trimmed it down, as I didn't want the rest of it on this card. I added the flowers and mounted it on foam squares. I used another of my mis-cut calendar pieces to mat it with, and matted that piece with green. I added the butterfly and embossed the background with a new-to-me embossing folder from Cuttlebug. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Edited to add: The embossing folder I used on this card is by Cuttlebug - Anna Griffin Matelasse. It comes with a border folder, also. My friend, Vicki, used one and I "had" to have it! It's really not all that often that I feel I need to have something that someone else uses, but I really loved this one!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Love your card today. And that embossing folder is really cool. I haven't seen that one

Carole Miller said...

Love your card. Who's embossing folder is that??? I love it.
Carole M.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I hate to be a pain, but would it be possible for you to give the actual name of the embossing folders you use as well as the brand? I'd hate to admit how many EFs I already own, but I'm always buying new ones. I had never seen those two Darice EFs you used the other day and I thought I had been keeping up with Darice pretty well! LOL! I admit that I have not been keeping up with Cuttlebug very well for the past couple of years. That used to be all that I bought, but since I only purchase craft supplies that i can get on sale or with coupons Cuttlebug EFs have been much harder to find for a good price. I like some of the Sizzix EFs when I can get a good buy. And since Hobby Lobby put out their own line of EFs they don't carry a good selection of other brands. I have bought Lifestyle Crafts/Quickuts/WeR Memory Keepers at Michaels and Archivers with coupons but Archivers is gone and Michaels doesn't seem to have a very good selection of ANYTHING anymore. (Really hate to see that they have pushed out all the good brands for their own Recollection brand!)

But anyway, I'd love to know the name of this EF you used today as well as the two the other cay on your Valentine cards if possible. Thanks in advance!!!!

Bonnie32002 said...

I actually have that EF! And I love how it looks on your design.

I'm not sure but I think I'm the one who was an enabler to Vicki. Lol!

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, this card is so NEAT. Neat in design and neat in the way you put it all together into a great card.
With Love Judi

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the little flowers and butterfly! Also, your layout for this is great. Of course, you know my heart is stolen by the embossing seeing as how I'm so addicted to embossing folders. This one is so pretty! Your CAS cards really give you a chance to put them to good use, and you do it so well!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is such a pretty little card! I haven't used that EF as a background for the entire front yet, but I sure love it. Bonnie enabled me, I enabled you and it looks like you are going to enable some others too. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. Love the simple yet elegant design. Thank you for sharing today.
Linda

Mary said...

I love this card Lynette. It is beautiful! I love the stamp that you used the pretty embellishments and the EF is awesome!!! I must buy it.

Mary :)

Bea said...

Love this card-the folder is so pretty as are the butterfly and flowers.