Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gold-Embossed Birthday

Another card using up some "card parts." I've had this image stamped (with gold embossing powder) and matted with shimmery gold paper for quite a while. It was a stamp-off from a friend. (Thanks, Annie!) I mounted it on foam squares. The background was also in my card parts from last summer. I had rubbed a green distress ink on a piece of water color cardstock. Then I misted a background stamp with water and stamped over the distress ink. The stamp removed some color and left the image of the stamp lighter. The background stamp is from Recollections. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

What an interesting background you create...in my favorite colors. I can't help but like it!

I'm still working on putting together extra card kits. It slow going, but getting there.

Leslie Miller said...

You have the best card parts! I'm pretty sure I have that JustRite set (sets?), too. Beautiful background you created!