Friday, March 6, 2015

Valentines in March???

How silly - Valentines in March:) But, I post what I make!

This first stamp is actually a continuation with my mission to use all of my Stampin' Up! stamps. It is from the set called "Merci." I mis-cut some white cardstock (fifteen pieces) when I was working on my next year's calendar, so I had several of this size image panel to use up! I stamped with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I matted with red and added an enamel dot to the flower center. The background was embossed with a Darice folder.

This card is similar to my next year's February calendar page:) I had some parts left over. The red and pink parts were cut with a Cuttlebug die. I added some "stitching" lines with a fine marker. I popped the heart up on foam squares. I added this to white cardstock and scored two lines with my Scor-Pal. I also added a sentiment piece which I printed on my computer. I matted with red. The background was embossed with a Darice embossing folder.

In response to a comment, I added information about the stencil I used for yesterday's card to yesterday's blog post, as well as a link to a YouTube tutorial I did quite a while ago.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!!!!
Gloria

Bonnie32002 said...

I really like the 2nd card. Must be that adorable embossing that catches my eye!

Don't worry about when you post what kind of card, this is YOUR craft journal, just go with it!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What's wrong with Valentines in March??? You just get a head start for next year and give us ideas too. Those are both great cards and I love the embossing folders!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, you're getting ahead for next year's Valentines, so go for it! They're as sweet and pretty as can be and I'm happy to see them any time of year. Love those embossing folders once again. Very pretty stamp on the first card!