Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Fun With Shapes #1 and #2

OK, OK ... I used the set that I said I wasn't going to! :) These two cards, and the two cards I will share tomorrow, are made using the Stampin' Up! set called "Fun With Shapes." The set consists of thirteen stamps: four three-in-a-row solid stamps (circles, triangles, squares and rectangles), two outline stamps (circles and squares), six small images (a star, a bow, a rectangle, an ornament hanger, a flower and a candle flame) and a small stamp that says, "hello." I will use the little "hello" on a later card.

For this first card, I used the row of rectangles and the flame. I added Star Dust Stickles to the flames. I matted with matching blue cardstock and mounted on Pop Dots. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped with the same color blue ink.

This second card uses the row of squares, the row of square outlines, the flower and the bow. I matted with matching purple cardstock. The sentiment is the same stamp as the first card, from PTI. The image panel is again mounted on Pop Dots and I added pink gems to the flower centers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So glad you decided to use this set. You created two great little cards. I especially like the cute little candles!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'll be! You and those simple little shapes made the cutest cards! These are darling and I'm glad you shared them.

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I made you feel any pressure to use this stamp set. When I looked it up on Splitcoast Stampers, I couldn't tell that there were multiple shapes on the same stamp in rows. I was thinking individual stamps for each shape other than the rectangles to be used as birthday candles. That does make the stamps more difficult to use. I'd probably take them off the wood block (if they are wood mounted, of course :)) and cut them apart. I see so many geometric shapes in new stamp sets and using these shapes separately would be great for some cool looking backgrounds.