Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Holiday Minis #1 - 7

Here are the seven cards I made using the next Stampin' Up! set in my mission to use them all. This one is called "Holiday Minis." I just don't have much imagination to use them, so they are all basically the same. The set consists of seven image stamps and one sentiment. For this first one, I used the reindeer and the sentiment. I embossed them with detail gold embossing powder and matted with shimmery gold paper. I embossed the background with a Sizzix folder. The image and sentiment are mounted on Pop Dots.

For the rest of these, I colored the images with Copic markers, added some sparkle with a Wink of Stella pen, matted with green and mounted on Pop Dots. The sentiment for these last six card is from Lawn Fawn.

The good news is that I have seven more Christmas cards done!

I have decided to skip the next set of stamps. I just can't do anything at all different with them:( (It's called Fun With Shapes.) I stamped the images and was at least going to share that with you, but changed my mind.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Patti H. said...

I have been enjoying your journey through the SU stamps & all the cute cards you have made. Thanks for all the inspiration! I plan on doing the same as soon as I have a bit more time in my craft room.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy when you get back to your Stampin' Up "challenge". I too, have a lot of Stampin' Up sets that I have never used. Well, let's just say I have a lot of all kinds of stamp sets and single stamps that I have never used! LOL! Maybe someday I'll get either the energy or whatever it's going to take to use even part of them.

But, anyway, when you said you were skipping a set and didn't have the imagination to use them, it made me remember the Stampin' Up Gallery on Splitcoast Stampers. I'm sure you've seen it. But, in case you haven't or just forgot about it, it's a great place to look up retired SU sets and see what others have done with them.

I love cards done with geometric shapes so I hope later on you'll decide to come back to the set you skipped. In the mean time, thanks for all the inspiration and good luck getting through the rest of your SU stamp sets.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, look at all those Christmas cards! Way to go, Lynette! I think the CAS design is perfect, and I like how you offset the sentiment on each. Curious about that other set, but sometimes you just have to let it go. There should be no stress in stamping.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

With mini designs like that you made a really great collection of cards! I think all of them are wonderful! Those designs cry out for a CAS card just like you made!!!