Friday, May 19, 2017

Multi-Step Stamping

When Michael's had their buy-one-get-one-free sale last week (or the week before?), I bought a couple Hero Arts sets. One of them is Christmas sentiments. The other is this multi-step stamping set. I stamped the flower with four stamps using various shades of pink/red. The leaves are two-step stamped in greens. Using a craft knife, I cut carefully around the edge of the flower in the two spots where I wanted the leaves, and then slipped them in. The sentiment was one stamp from Papertrey Ink that I cut into two pieces for stamping this card. I matted with a dark pink and mounted on Pop Dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Jeanne H said...

This is a particularly pretty card!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, this is pretty! Four steps gives a lot of depth. Good deal on those stamps! Love how you stamped the sentiment into the flower, and I always love a pop of color on white.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! And bummer that I missed that Michaels sale. But, to be honest, I've not paid attention to Michaels ads for quite a while. I've been pretty disgusted with their selection in our local stores. They keep cutting out the major craft brands like Hero Arts, Martha Stewart, Stampendous and many more and putting in their Recollections stuff. Some of their Recollections stuff is OK, but some of it is just junk and I miss the good brands. I used to get a lot of Hero Arts stuff at Michaels, but I have not seen any except for a couple of Christmas stamp sets in well over a year or more. Because of that I have not even been in Michaels for a long time. Maybe they are doing better and I need to check them out again. I've been giving Hobby Lobby and Joann's my local business lately and of course, I enjoy my online shopping spots. LOL!!