Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Hoppy Day!

I recently purchased several dies/die sets through Amazon.  I actually sat down and used every one of them! Now I have to put them on cards:)

The first one I'm using is this frame with "stitching" around it. I must admit that it's smaller than I thought it would be, having not checked out the measurements before I ordered it! I do like the size, though. It came with nine other dies - seven balloons, a straight balloon string, and a curvy balloon string. Some of them are REALLY tiny! They might be fun to work with, though, and I think you'll be seeing one soon. I had the green piece sitting on my table, after cutting something out of the middle of it with another new die. It fit perfectly under this white piece that I had cut. So then I had to figure out something to put in the opening. Going through my stickers, I found these frogs. Perfect! And what sentiment would go with them? How about this one from Papertrey Ink. I mounted the white panel on Pop Dots.
Another of the die sets is the one that cuts these shaped. "stitched" pieces. I used one in white and one in black. Used the last of my frogs and also added the same sentiment from PTI. The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That frog is so CUTE and perfect with the sentiment. Would make such a darling kid's card, but I know a few adults who collect frog things and would love it, too. I have a few frogs around here, in fact. How fun that you got some new dies! I was thrilled when I first saw you could get dies and other craft things on Amazon. I love anything stitchy. I've seen and loved that stitched window before, but didn't know it only came in one size and had all the small parts with it. They can get pretty fiddly and fumbly, but come out cute. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Cute cards!! Love the cute frogs!!

A few months back I bought some of those cheap dies on Amazon and was fairly pleasantly surprised. I bought about 5 or 6 different sets - mostly the "stitched" nesting dies since I had not bought any "stitched" dies at all since they have become such a trend. I just couldn't afford to buy all the shapes I already have all over again just to get a stitched look that I'm not really all that crazy about anyway even if it is what every crafter on the Internet is using. LOL! But, I thought for the cheap price on Amazon, I'd try a few of them.

I'm still not crazy about the "stitched" look, but I was happy with the dies themselves. I have not seen the balloons you spoke of, but I did get a beautiful set of snowflake dies that I'm thrilled with and a set of heart dies that I love the shape of the hearts, but not the stitching around the edges. I may end up using those to make stencils to get the pretty shape and not the actual die cuts on cards since I don't like the stitching.

Anyway, I was thinking about it the other day and now after seeing your post, I think it's time to go back to Amazon and look around! LOL!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Those frogs are so cute! I can just see some little boy having a frog in his pocket and loving these cards.