Sunday, December 6, 2009

2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday – Stay Warm


When I saw the theme of this week’s Banana Split Sunday Challenge was to make a card reflecting “warmth” I was a bit stumped. Then when I saw the gingerbread people in the new Journaling Spot set, I knew what I wanted to do. What could be warmer than freshly-baked gingerbread cookies! I hope you will join in the challenge this week. The prize this week is a super-cute House Mouse stamp.

The gingerbread people are done on gingerbread-colored cardstock, cut out and mounted on Pop Dots. I used gel pens to color the icing on them, and a black glaze pen for their eyes and buttons. The embossed snowflakes borders are done with a Cuttlebug folder. There is a piece of Real Red cardstock partially matting the image panel. The striped paper is from an old Fiskars book. The sentiment is from a Stampin’ Up! set called All Year Cheer.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Very cute Lynette. Makes me want to grab a glass of milk and eat gingerbread!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute card! Wish I had gingerbread stamps....maybe a gingerbread stencil. Hmmm. Love that red and white striped paper as the background!

Deb said...

Mmmm! Peppermint and gingerbread! This is SO cute! Love that embossing too!

Mary said...

This card is awesome! What a fun way to send warm wishes. I love that you really got creative with this card.

Mary