Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sheri!

IMGP9971 This card is for a friend in my Yahoo! group.  Her birthday is today.  Happy Birthday, Sheri!!!

I based this card on a card by my good friend, Harriet. You can find her card here. The part I cased was layering cardstock with cutouts separated by Pop Dots.  I used Long rectangle Nestabilities to cut out the rectangles.  The stamps are both from the dollar spot at JoAnn's that I picked up a couple weeks ago. I colored the images with SU! markers. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and I added pearls for the body. The front piece is embossed (de-bossed, actually!) with a Sizzix embossing folder. Then I scored lines with my Scor-Pal.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Great BD card Lynette - I know Sheri will love it! Thanks for the mention of my card too!

bonnie32002 said...

I will have to check out Harriet's original card as well. Love the cut-outs and you know I'll have to give this a try!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like the color combination. Very happy card.

Danni said...

Another fabulous card!!

Sheri said...

Thanks Lynette! I love my card! Perfect in every way

Irene said...

Morning Lynette

Another wonderful card, I love how you have double inserted the image, and the buterfly is fabby with the pearl on. Fabby cuttling.

luv
irene
xxxx

Mary said...

Awesome card Lynette. I love that you use tiny pearls on your butterflies. Your choice of embossing folders is perfect!

Mary

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the window. It is perfect for the image you chose.. What a great idea.. I need to come here each day and see all your creations..SOrry I was out of town and now I am trying to catch up...Have a great Christmas..