Monday, December 7, 2009

Wishing You … a Happy 90th Birthday!

IMGP9995

I made this card for my husband’s aunt who turns 90 tomorrow. We went to an Open House for her yesterday.

The base size of this card is 5 x 7 inches. I wanted a larger card for such a special occasion. I used Very Vanilla cardstock for the base, Rich Razzleberry for the matting and butterflies, and watercolor paper for the stamped sections. The border is punched with a Stampin’ Up! punch. I used SU!’s Thoughts and Prayers stamp set for the flowers/branch. I colored the stamp with Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive markers, stamped them on a piece of scratch paper, misted the watercolor paper and then stamped the image. I did the same thing with the sentiment. The little trim piece is a leftover scrap from the punched border. The sentiment is from a set that I just ordered from Verve called Wishing You.  The butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added pearls to the butterflies and the flowers.  The image panel is mounted on Pop Dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

So pretty Lynette - I love that razzleberry!

Carolyn King said...

this is beautiful! happy birthday to her...90 years young--that is a special one for sure!

Barbara said...

Such a very lovely card! Special birthday wishes to a special lady!

Barb

klarcher said...

What a beautiful card. I learned of your blog through Sue Nelson (Heart Prints) and am so glad I checked you out. I'll be back often

Leigh said...

What a beautiful card for a 90th birthday Lynette.

Dawn B. said...

Wow 90 is awesome.. this is such a pretty birthday card Lynette.. My favorite colors.. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog from Sue Nelson(heartprints) your blog is AWESOME... learning sooo much and you have become my favorite place to visit just before I go to bed.... May God Bless you beautiful talent and may you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas..... Cyndia

bonnie32002 said...

really, really pretty! Love the pearls