Saturday, December 19, 2009

Speedy Recovery

IMGP0061I ran into someone at Target yesterday who I hadn’t seen for a long time, and she told me about someone else I haven’t seen for quite a while who was having surgery later that afternoon. I thought it would nice to let her know I was thinking about her, so I ‘whipped up” (as well as I can “whip up” :) ) a card for her this morning.

The butterfly is from Inkadinkado. I stamped it on shimmery gold with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed it with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and cut it out. I also stamped it on white. I stamped the “Wishing You” on the same piece. I embossed it with my Swiss Dots folder. It’s matted on the same shimmery gold paper. The border is black, punched with an EK Success fleur-de-lis border punch and misted with my water and gold Perfect Pearls mixture. I stamped the sentiment directly on the card base and added some Martha Stewart ribbon and a couple scored lines.

EDITED TO ADD: I forgot to mention that the sentiment stamps are by Verve from the Wishing You set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's a beautiful card. Great idea to stamp the butterfly on shimmer paper!

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

Another gorgeous card, I just LOVE it. Fantastic Butterfly, (have you seen the Cuttlebug Butterfly die/embossing folder?) and colours.

luv
irene
xxxx

klarcher said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm always on the look out for inspiration and this card really does it. Thanks

Danni said...

Gasp....look at this gorgeous card! wowzers!! I {heart} it!

Leigh said...

Stunning get well card Lynette.

Mary said...

Your card is very elegant. I love the sentiment that you used and I love that you used the Versafine Black onyx to stamp it. It is my favorite black ink. Your card certainly should cheer up your friend.

Mary

Cheryl said...

Very lovely card!

Deb said...

How gorgeous! So thoughtful! That beautiful butterfly will definitely make your friend feel better!

Chookarooni said...

fabulous card Lynette - !

Dawn B. said...

I wish I "whip" up a card like this Lynette.. This is beautiful and will be so appreciated.. You did a super job..

Supershoppertoo said...

I'd love to know where the "Wishing You" stamps is from. it's such a pretty font.

Supershoppertoo said...

Update
I kept looking and found the info I needed. Verve is sold out of that set but will get some in by mid Jan. Thanks!