Sunday, December 13, 2009

2RedBananas – A Tree

Imgp0028 - 2rbImgp0031 - 2rb

This week’s 2RedBananas challenge is “What Can You Do With a Tree?”  I first made the red and green card and thought I would improve upon it and made the white and gold card.  I think I like the red and green one better, though.  What do you think?

Both trees started out as a triangle cut into three pieces.  For the top card, I embossed each piece with a different Christmas Cuttlebug folder, then sponged it with gold ink.  For the second one, I just used some older Fiskars patterned paper.  Both have Close to Cocoa cardstock for the trunk and a reflective star on top.  The stars are from a pack of “confetti” I picked up from the dollar section at JoAnn’s.  (I got it for the white and blue snowflakes, but the stars came in handy for this card!) The base of the red card is Very Vanilla and the red is Real Red from Stampin’ Up!  The other card has a white base and has shimmery gold paper on it.  Both of the matting pieces are scored with double lines using my Scor-Pal.  The sentiment is from “Christmas Wishes” from 2RedBananas.  It is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black on the bottom card, and embossed with gold embossing powder on the top card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I can't decide which one I like best. They are both pretty in their own right. Such a fun idea!

Harriet Skelly said...

Both are beautiful but i think the embossed tree is my favorite!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a creative idea, and both trees are GREAT!!! The different embossing folders add so much to the texture, too.
Joanne

Leigh said...

Lynette, your cards are fabulous. I love the second one using the patterned paper.

Leigh said...

Lynette, your cards are fabulous. I love the second one using the patterned paper.

Dawn B. said...

Lynette these are beautiful.. I really like these trees.. The gold shimmer paper is so pretty. I have not seen any like that.. Great job..

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

Oh this is just amazing, and I like your idea of using different folders to make the tree with. Love the sentiment also.

luv
irene
xxxx

Wendy said...

I think both of these cards are really great. The white and gold one is more elegant and the red and green one is more whimsical. Great idea.

Chookarooni said...

Lovely cards - starting with a simple triangle - what a neat idea!
Mary-Jane

Deb said...

I love them both! The white is so very elegant, and the other is lovely and traditional! Both FAB!