Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Penguin Birthday

 

IMGP0085

A simple birthday card for my niece.  (Shoot – I just realized this will be her thirtieth.  I wonder if I should make her a little more “special” one.  Something for me to think about.)

Anyway, the skating penguin is a sticker from Recollections.  (Michael’s brand.)  The oval is cut from silver mirror paper with a Petite Oval Nestability.  I embossed the black strip with a Cuttlebug snowflake border folder, then rubbed silver ink on it, embossed it with detail silver embossing powder and added a couple scored lines.  The sentiment is from a clear dollar set from JoAnn’s and is stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop at my blog, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Danni said...

Oh how fun!!

Denise said...

So cute!! Love the snowflakes & adorable penquin.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Denise

Dawn B. said...

Lynette this is beautiful.. I love the idea of the skating pond. That is so awesome. I used to ice skate as a kid. It was such a sweet memory for me when I saw this card...Great job. She will love it.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is totally adorable Lynette!!

Barbara said...

Oh, isn't he just the cutest! I am catching up on my blog hopping, and see you have been making more gorgeous cards! Thank you for following my blog and passing on encouragement and inspiration. I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a craft and prosperous 2010!

Hugs,
Barb

Mary said...

What a cute card. I have looked at the 3-D embellishments at Michaels and thought of making cards using them. I never have. But maybe now I will. :) Thanks for sharing.

Mary

Irene said...

Morning Lynette

Oh I do like your card, love the penguin he is so cute.

luv
irene
xxxx

bonnie32002 said...

Penguin on a mirror? Great idea. I have loved seeing your creations through out the year...

wishing you and your family a healthy and prosperous holiday and new year