Thursday, December 17, 2009

Masculine Birthday

Imgp0052a

This card is for a friend of ours.  It’s so hard for me (and others, from what I hear) to make cards for guys.  But, this is what I came up with, and I’m pleased enough with it.

The image is by Impression Obsession.  I stamped it with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and colored it with Stampin’ Up! chalks.  I misted it with a mini mister filled with water with a little bit of gold Perfect Pearls mixed in, but I could not get that to show up in a photo.  I matted it with a kraft cardstock which I punched with an EK Success border punch.  The background layer is a shimmery off-white paper embossed with a Cuttlebug Fleur-de-lis folder matted on a dark brown.  The card base is Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is from a Verve set and is also stamped with the Vintage Sepia.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Wonderful card for the guys! I love lighthouses.

Mary said...

Perfect card for a man! I love lighthouses and have a few lighthouse images. Using them makes making a masculine card so much easier. Love the punch that you used too. Awesome Lynette.

Mary

Harriet Skelly said...

Great guy card Lynette! Can't go wrong with a lighthouse!

Danni said...

Love it..so very nice!

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

Wow, a fabulous card for a man - perfect.

Love it to bits. The cuttling is fabby as is your colouring.

luv
irene
xxxx

Dawn B. said...

Lynette this is so handsome..hehe I couldn't resist.. I have come to the conclusion I can't stamp for men..This is an awesome image for a guy... Great sentiment too.. Hope you have a terrific Christmas.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, I love it. What a fabulous male card Lynette.