Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wishing you …

IMGP0047 I made a quick stop at a local paper store near me to pick up some envelopes, and they had their QuicKutz items on sale.  They rarely have anything on sale, so I had to check them out:) I got an embossing folder and used it on this card.  (I also got the envelopes and some Sizzix texture plates which were on clearance.)

So, here are the details on the card.  The background is embossed with my new QuicKutz folder.  I trimmed it down, added a couple lines with my Scor-Pal, and mounted it on shimmery pink paper.  The stamps are from Verve and I used Stampin’ Up!’s Rose Romance ink.  The “Wishing You” has rounded corners, is embossed with a Swiss Dots embossing folder and is mounted on the same pink shimmery paper.  The butterflies are also pink shimmery and are embellished with pearls.  That’s it!  It felt good to make something other than a Christmas card.  Even though I’ve been done with my Christmas cards for quite a while, I still seem to be making more of them!  I have 20 done for next year already.  I will try to upload some of them for tomorrow.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Gorgeous Lynette - I love that new folder and the pink and white is so pretty!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That card is SO PRETTY! I haven't used that folder yet. It is so feminine and I love the sentiment stamps you used.

Danni said...

oh wow!! This is just gorgeous! I love it!

Anonymous said...

So very beautiful!!!!
Gloria

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO pretty, Lynette! I just LOVE your white cards!! LOVE them!!

And you already have cards for NEXT year??? W-O-W!

Irene said...

Morning Lynette

Oh this is so beautiful, I love the colours and the embossing folder
especially the way you hve put the sentiment in the middle.
Stunning.

luv
irene
xxxx

Mary said...

This is such a lovely and delicate looking card. Love the folder that you used.

Mary

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. What a deal to get it all on sale. I never seem to find a good sale.. We have no shopping here so I do it all online.. Great job.

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Lynette.

Cheryl said...

Another fabulous card! This is lovely.