Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Butterfly Birthday

I woke up early this morning, and used the "extra" time to make this card.:)

The butterfly is a rubber cling stamp from Hampton Arts.  I stamped it on a fairly solid-colored sheet from a Sizzix matstack, embossed with black embossing powder and cut it out.  Then I stamped it on a patterned piece from a Die Cuts With a View Summer matstack.  I also stamped the sentiment (from All Night Media) and embossed them both with black powder.  I glued the butterfly down by the body only, allowing the wings to be free.  I matted with black cardstock and added the swirl of black crystals from Zva.  Simple, but kind of pretty, I think. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card again Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Lisa Oliver said...

Lynette, your card is beautiful! I really like the how the butterfly and the background paper are so closely matched and I am sure that the black embossing is quite dramatic in real life. Not a bad way to start your day! Thanks for sharing!

Krista W said...

I love the swirl, such a simple touch that really makes the card!

Sheri said...

pretty card, love the flutterby :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the pink and black combination and that butterfly is gorgeous! What a pretty stamp!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow that butterfly is gorgeous!! I love the trail too! Gorgeous card!

Colorado Crafter said...

Lovely card!! The butterfly is so pretty and I really like the font on the "Happy Birthday" stamp. It is a perfect match for something as lovely as a butterfly!

Barbara said...

This is so beautiful, Lynette! The 3d butterfly is wonderful!

Judy said...

Beautiful card. Looks like it could flutter right off the page!

Dawn B. said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Love these colors.

Rosietoes said...

Adorable pink colours in this card Lynette. Very dramatic lo. Love it.

Edna x