Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday Sketch

Today starts a new WHAT IF? Wednesday Sketch challenge from Repeat Impressions.  Here is this week's sketch:
We would love to have you play along with us!  Just make a card using this sketch, upload it to your blog or on-line gallery, and leave a link to it on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  You can also find all the details on the blog.  One random winner for the month will win a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.  Check out the Rock Stars' creations:

For my card, I started with the 630-H, Iris stamp from Repeat Impressions.  (You can find it on this page.) I colored it with Copic markers.  I cut the circles with Nestabilities and sponged a little light yellow ink around the edges.  The patterned papers are from a Die Cuts With a View Nana's Nursery Baby Boy matstack.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions.  The butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I can't wait to see what you come up with - have fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Whimsey said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your paper combination, so beautiful paired perfectly with the iris image - elegant colors!

Karen Hasheck said...

I love this card! The color choices are perfect and the coloring job on the flower is tremendous. Like the butterflies too.

Anonymous said...

This is another beautiful card. Love the spring look and color combo.
Gloria

Joan V said...

Oh, Lynette, this is so pretty. When I first saw the sketch, it looked somewhat difficult. But, I just love what you did with this. Thanks for sharing.

Danni said...

Pretty, pretty!! Love the added butterflies! :-)

Harriet Skelly said...

I love these colors as you know! What a gorgeous card!

Barbara said...

That's a great sketch and so pretty! Perfect iris!

Leslie Miller said...

I love these Nana's Nursery papers. Certainly not just for baby boys. Beautiful choice to go with your iris. Love how you used the butterflies as the corner element in the sketch. This is so perfect for a "thinking of you" card. It's gorgeous, Lynette!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Pretty card, Lynette. The iris is colored beautifully. I love how you use the baby boy papers for non-baby boy cards! Very clever!

Suzie said...

Lynette, this is so lovely! The color combo is great, your coloring is flawless, and I always LOVE to see butterflies on a card! Hugs, Suzie

Ayana Posadas said...

Very, very beautiful card, Lynette! I love the colors, I love the butterflies, and I love the pretty image. So fabulous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Lynette! I love the CAS look and DPs you used...They are fantastic with the image!