Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Repeat Impressions - Designer's Choice Challenge!

There is a new challenge at Repeat Impressions starting today.  We are calling it "Designer's Choice Challenge," or DCC.  Every other Wednesday, opposite the WHAT IF? Wednesday Challenge, one of the Rock Stars will come up with a "theme" and we'll make cards for it.  We invite you to join along!  Darsie has volunteered to be first.  Her theme is "Scenic."  How cool!  Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for the details and to see what the other design team members have come up.  Or follow these links to their creations:

For my card, I used these three stamps:  629-I Mountain Vista, 2908-I Shade of the Elm, and 3413-C Grass.  I stamped them all with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, starting with the tree.  After stamping the tree, I masked it and stamped the other two images, stamping the grass several times.  I sprayed the image with my own "glimmer mist" - Perfect Pearls Gold and water, in a Mini Mister.  I matted with brown and mounted on foam squares.

We'd love to have you join us!  Make your card, upload to your blog or on-line gallery, and link to the RI blog.  One random winner for the month will win a full sheet of unmounted rubber!!!  You still have nearly a week to join us in the WHAT IF? Wednesday challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Wonderful scene, Lynette! I like that you left it uncolored. Very nice and peaceful!

Unknown said...

Another lovely card Lynette. I love coming to your blog! I would frame that card if it was sent to me as it's so beautiful

Whimsey said...

What a great card; LOVE the color ink you have used and leaving it 'un-colored' is just magnificent!!

Mary said...

Love your card Lynette. What a wonderful scene you have created using the different stamps.

Mary

Christina said...

This is a stunning card Lynette! Really devine!
Hugs Kristel

joy said...

I love things stamped with that sepia ink - you've done a beautiful job with those different stamps!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love how you left this lovely scene uncolored!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, what a beautiful scene!! I love the CAS style you did!