Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Letterpress Thank You

I finally got another Letterpress card done.  I'm excited to make more, but my mojo seems to be missing!  I'll keep working at it.

At any rate, here is a simple card that I think would make a great wedding Thank You card to be mass-produced.  (That's the beauty - well ONE of the beauties! - of the Letterpress.  Once you get it set up, you just brayer the ink on the plates, and run it through your die cutting machine.)  I combined three plates.  The scrolly flourish is from this set.  The sentiment and straight-line flourish are from other sets.  The color I used is Dark Purple.  I added a small pearl to the straight-line flourish.  The Letterpress de-bosses and inks.  Pretty cool!  The Letterpress Starter Kit is available here.

Many (most?) items from Creating Memories in Time now have free shipping.  (Not the Letterpress Starter Kit, though.)  Check it out:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Suzie said...

You are so right, Lynette! This definitely would make a beautiful wedding thank you cards set. Wow! This is so pretty. I know a little about Letterpress, but I am not sure at all that I can use my Cuttlebug to do this.
Have a great day! Hugs, Suzie

Sandy said...

Great stylishly elegant card. I'm sure that if the 'warmer weather' would appear that your mojo would return. I think a lot of us feel 'frozen in time"!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh wow Lynnete. I just love this. So beautiful. So professional and fresh and clean. That little pearl is perfect.

Carolyn King said...

beautiful, elegant...stunning. Love this...the letterpress intrigues me--might have to take the plunge....cause this is beautiful!

Mary said...

What a pretty card Lynette. I love the simplicity and yet it still packs a punch.

Mary

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Lynette.. I love the white and blue together.. Very striking contrast.. I have never heard of these. Great job.

Leslie Miller said...

Okay, I think I understand the concept of this now. What a fabulous way to make multiples. Imagine invitations and such and, of course, thank you cards like this beauty. Loving it more and more all the time!

Marge said...

This turned out so elegant and richly classic, Lynette! I love the regal purple ink you've used here!!!