Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tulip Birthday

 I have a simple card to share with you today.  Taking care of a newborn sure cuts into one's stamping time!  What a wonderful thing to be able to do, though.  I'm loving it!  (I'm taking care of our new grandson.  He's about two and a half months old.)

The stamp on this card is from Northwoods.  I colored it with Copic markers.  I stamped again, colored the tulips, and cut them out.  I mounted them on pieces of foam squares.  After I put them on the full piece, I glued down the bottoms of them so that the whole piece did not stick up - a little more life-like.  I matted with black.  The sentiment is from Papertrey.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Lynette this card is amazing! Love it! Have fun with Owen - all too soon he will be a big boy

Sandy said...

Fabulous card Lynette! Enjoy your time with your grandson, cuddle time is soooo good for both of you.

Ayana Posadas said...

I love the layout of this card and your FABULOUS coloring too!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such pretty coloring on this beautiful design. The card makes such a nice "statement".

Dawn B. said...

I can't believe he is that old already. Where does the time go.. This card is so pretty. I love the spring feel it has.. Great job.

Mary said...

I love the look of the tulips being 3D. Love your colors too. This card reminds me of spring. :)

Mary