Saturday, March 19, 2011

Flowery Thank You

I got this stamp in the dollar section at JoAnn's last week, and I wanted to use it right away.  I don't actually like is as much as I thought I did!

I colored it with markers and cut it with a Nestability.  I sponged some light yellow ink on it before removing from the die.  I felt it was really lacking something, so I put it back in the die and added the dashed black lines.  I embossed the patterned paper with a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and then used a sanding block to sand the dots down to expose the white core.  I used my Martha Stewart scoring board for the lines.  I matted those layers with black and mounted the image panel on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Lynette! What a beauty!!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs Kristel

Cheryl W. said...

I really like this card, Lynette - and the stamp! Wonderful job. Love the score lines.

Sheri said...

Well I love that stamp. And you did a great job with it. I like the blue shading around the letters

Colorado Crafter said...

Hmmm... still have never seen any dollar stamps in my local Joann's! We're getting cheated! And ours is supposed to be one of their super stores. Not so super, I guess! But don't get me started on Joann's management problems! LOL!!

Mary said...

The stamp is awesome! It sure does remind me of spring and summer.Love thatyou added the dashes and sanded your Embossed strip.There is a lot going on in your card and I think it is a vey pretty card Lynette.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Great stamp and outstanding design! The little dashes were a "stroke" of genius!