Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Wendy!

Today is Wendy's birthday and we (the RI Rock Stars) wanted to do something to help make her day special.  We thought it would be great to have everyone stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday!  Wendy is the owner of Repeat Impressions (along with her husband, Bill) and she is also the artist behind the stamps.  So, please check out the birthday cards we have made for Wendy, and then stop by the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, and leave her some love:)
I saw this card on my blogging friend Barb's blog in December.  I meant to try it out then, but never got around to it.  Then I saw someone else make one and I knew I had to give it a shot.  I used my own measurements.  I used the Repeat Impressions stamp called Rebecca for this card.  It's such a great stamp.  I paper pieced her clothing using Die Cuts With a View papers.  I used markers for her skin and hair.  I stamped the sentiment (from RI, of course!) on strips of white cardstock, embossed them with a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, and adhered them to the sides.  I also used the DCWV paper to cover the rest of the front of the card.  I used oval Nestabilities for the image panel.  Here is a side view, too, so you can see the dimension better.

Won't you please check out the other design team members' birthday cards, and then stop by and wish Wendy a happy day?

I just found a challenge for this design of card!  I think the measurments are even the same as what I came up with on my own:)  You can find the challenge here.  It's on the Sweet Stamps blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

19 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful card Lynette - I love Rebecca! I'm sure Wendy will love this!

Sheri said...

Beautiful card. Love that girl and love your step card.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card, Lynette!! I love the image and the paper piecing. Beautiful colors. Hey, and thanks for the shout out! Don't you just love this step card? I used it again a couple of weeks ago and will no doubt use it many more times. The best part is that it folds nice and flat!

Darsie Bruno said...

Fabulous paper piecing, Lynette! Love love love this card!

Mary said...

Your card is gorgeous Lynette.


Mary

joy said...

This is beautiful. I love this card -- humm, I need to give it a try. You have framed Rebecca beautifully!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love it! I don't use that stamp often enough but she is a real beauty!

Unknown said...

Super cute card Lynette!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Lynette! I love this fold and paper pieced dress! I know Wendy will love it!

Marge said...

What a great card & fun fold!!! May have to try this one myself!

Whimsey said...

Oh my word - what a GREAT card; love the colors; it's just gorgeous!!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Very pretty card. I like what you did with the Happy Birthday and the dotted background. I love the colors you used and the paper cutting is a great idea. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Carolyn King said...

what a beautiful birthday card. She will love it.

Tamara Morton said...

Hi, what a wonderful card, I love the colours and the stamp you have used, also love the embossing on the sides. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stamps
Hugs
Tamara

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Beautiful card, I love the DPs you used for the paper piecing! Wendy will love it! Thanks for joining the fun at SweetStamps.com's blog challenge this week and good luck!

jonim52 said...

Oh what a great center step card. I love the Happy Birthday down either side! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Wonderful Rebecca card, Lynette! That patterned paper is perfect for it!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love your card and the image is adorable. Good colors and love the dotted swiss layers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and good luck.

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful card!! Love this sweet image and your papers! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps