Saturday, March 5, 2011

Simple "Card Parts" Birthday

I really wanted to make some cards yesterday, but just couldn't do it.  So, I'm sharing a super-simple card I made last week. 

The image in the center came from my "card parts" pile.  I mounted it on foam squares, then I mounted the middle layer on foam squares.  Before putting it on the card base, I used a square Nestability to emboss the frame on the card front.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set.  When it was complete (or so I thought!) it just didn't seem finished, so I hand-doodled the border on the middle layer.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Rosietoes said...

HI Lynette,
Just playing catchup. Loving your latest cards and the excellent way you used your MS link punch in your last post.
But I have to say I love this card. It is so elegant and stylish and beautifully put together.

Edna x

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great that something so simple can look so nice! Very pretty.

Sheri said...

Such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

I love this card Lynette. It has given me a wonderful idea. I'm too poorly to post at the moment as I have tonsillitis :-(

Mary said...

I love the embossed sqaure around the image from your cards parts.What a pretty card. :)

Mary

Sandy said...

Simply a beautiful card! Great idea to emboss the base card.

Ayana Posadas said...

What a fun design, Lynette! Thanks so much for explaining your technique with us.

Leslie Miller said...

Imagine that! So simple, yet so incredibly awesome! You're a genius, Lynette!