Saturday, November 2, 2019

Another Glittery Christmas


I made two cards just like this. Now I have 80 Christmas cards! 

I used an Echo Park stencil for the center panel. I had first tried using the stencil directly on double sided sticky paper. MISTAKE! The stencil stuck horribly! It took a while, but I was able to salvage the stencil. Whew! :) Plan B. I brushed distress ink through the stencil on to the cardstock. Then I cut it in half and ran the pieces through my Xyron machine. After making sure the sticky was stuck really well, I added microfine glitter over each entire piece. I added glitter tape on each side of the panel. The sentiment was done with a Dreamweavers stencil and Deco Foil Transfer Gel. I used platinum foil over the transfer gel.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty Christmas card. The glitter always makes a great statement!

Liz said...

Lovely card, Lynette. The stencilled panel is so pretty. xx

Cheryl W said...

Super pretty! I love the glittery center piece. A few years ago I stamped a snowy outdoor scene in blue and then sprayed it with adhesive and covered it with clear glitter. It made a beautiful, sparkly, snowy scene. I haven't thought about doing that since, so thanks for the reminder of this awesome technique.

Leslie Miller said...

Whew, I'm glad you were able to save your stencil. I wouldn't have thought it would stick like that, either. Wow, I can just imagine the sparkle of this IRL. Plus the gloss of the embossed sentiment. Fantastic!