Thursday, November 21, 2019

BIrthday Roses



I used up a few more card parts on this card. I had the flowers and the leaves already stamped and die-cut. The rose stamp and die are from a Sunny Studio set. The leaves are from Gina K. I did a kind of a fun technique on the leaves that I learned in a Jennifer McGuire video. I stamped the leaves once, using my MISTI, then took a stylus (previously used for "old-fashioned" dry embossing) and "drew" the center line on the stamp for the second stamping. It's a two-step stamping technique, but only uses one stamp. The front-most rose is mounted on foam squares. I added Wink of Stella to the flowers. I also added a few black dots with Liquid Pearls. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

I love the colors , layout and yes, even the fun script on the sentiment!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Cheryl W said...

This is such a pretty card. Multi-layer stamping is kind of miraculous, isn't it? I like the idea of using a stylus to "draw" the center vein on a leaf stamp when double-stamping. It worked really well and looks great!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, very pretty!! Those roses are gorgeous and the leaves go perfectly with them. Cool technique for the leaves. Love your card design, too.