Sunday, November 3, 2019

Congrats In School Colors

I really AM on a quest to use up card parts! I pull some out sometimes knowing that I want to use them soon, and then they sit and sit. I just finished up one of those piles on Thursday when I had a friend over to "play." Just to be clear - I have no delusions of EVER using them all up - I just want to at least make progress!!

The blue swirls on this card were cut out at our Group Gathering in June. The piece was actually larger, but this is all that would fit on a standard card. I believe it was part of a layering die set and there were problems with this layer, so of course I had to try my hand at getting it to cut nicely. :) At any rate, it's been sitting out since June and here it is. I did not know what to do with it. I was looking through my small stamp sets and found one from Technique Tuesday that had this little stamp. I decided to stamp it in yellow and make the card the school colors of our local grandsons. The older of the two was recently accepted into the gifted and talented program so I added a Congratulations and will send it to him.


Of course I couldn't send to one of them and not the other, so I used up another card part on this card! :) I had gone to Hobby Lobby in the past month or so and picked up a few things that were 75% off. One of them was the die that cut the stars for this background. I immediately put the die in my die storage and threw away the packaging and I don't remember who it is from. Sorry. I had cut it in silver. I matted it with yellow and then blue. Then I used the blue to cut out some stars to add to it. I used a Cuttlebug alphabet die set to cut the letters. Go Wyatt!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That's a really fun card you made for your grandson being chosen for the gifted and talented program! Personalizing it with the school colors was a great idea! Wyatt is a real "All Star" too and I'm sure he will love the card!

Cheryl W said...

These cards turned out great! When I first glanced at the card with the swirls, I thought it was a DSP background. I think the addition of the yellow stamp was so perfect. The starry card is fun, too. That die will be a great way to cut out a bunch of different sizes of stars if you ever need them for a card.

Leslie Miller said...

I actually exclaimed out loud when your blue swirl card popped into view! Outstanding! Leave it to you to figure out what to do with with the less than perfect die. I love the stars, too. These cards will be perfect for the boys!