Thursday, February 18, 2021

Heat Embossing with a Stencil


I made this card for the CAS Mix-Up challenge - using stencils and heat embossing. My stencil is a NBUS from Penny Black. The sentiment is also NBUS from Altenew.
I first used the stencil with Versamark and turquoise embossing powder. Then I rotated the stencil and used a brush and ink for the purple. I die-cut the panel and used white ribbon colored with a Copic marker. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'll bet the card is even prettier in person. I like how you combined heat embossing with just inking he second color.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, hey! I'm happy to see you played along with us at CAS Mix Up, and with such a pretty card! You took it a step further with the two colors and only one of them embossed. Great texture as well as simplicity in the design!

Patti J said...

This is lovely! I bet the embossing is even prettier in real life! Beautifully done, as always!

Loll said...

Your snowflakes are beautiful Lynette! Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Christi Conley said...

Beautiful card! Saw this on NBUS and had to come and see it :)

Darnell said...

Well, thank you for that technique tip, Lynette! I love that you used ep through the stencil in one color and then added another color by blending through the stencil. You've made a super design and I love the font on that sediment. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and I hope it is drying out and warming up! Hugs, Darnell