Sunday, February 7, 2021

Turquoise Birthday

This card used up three card parts. I had this thin strip of patterned paper on my table and, since I really liked it, I didn't want to just throw it out. I also used a previously-embossed image panel. I took an ink pad and lightly rubbed over the embossing, making sure to get streaks on it, also. The sentiment had been printed from my computer. I had printed it with a black background, and then used my laminator and foil to make it turquoise. (It was in with my card parts.) Sorry you can't see the sentiment strip better.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty. I really like your foiled sentiment. I've been thinking about doing an entire page of sentiments on a black background (I have a font that does it easily) and printing them out to have on hand. Foiling them would be another step I could take to coordinate them with the colors on my card. As always, thanks for he inspiration!

Patti J said...

Very pretty! I hate throwing anything away, so I tend to use little strips here and there, too! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, these parts sure came together prettily! I love the colors, texture, and patterned paper, along with the cool shiny sentiment. Guess it's a win win win win!