Thursday, February 25, 2021

Purple and Green Thinking of You

A new card today. I haven't spent much time in my stamping room lately, but I do have this one to share. I used one of my new Altenew stamps. It's the dotted Swiss background. Not really sure why I got it, as I have lots of dotted paper, but I did. :) I stamped this background in green. (I also did a couple other backgrounds, but I haven't made them into cards yet. Into the "card parts" they go. They are both on black cardstock. One is embossed with white dots and the other is embossed with glittery embossing powder.) The background for the sentiment is from PSX. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! The butterfly is a punch from EK Success. I added a couple gems to the butterfly's body and three to the sentiment panel, and I added some Star Dust Stickles to the butterfly.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Pretty card. I love all the little extras, like the gems and Stickles. I have quite a few background stamps, too, and I rarely use them. I think I had big ideas (and ambitions) when I bought them, but that was when I didn't have much DSP. Now I have scads of DSP and feel like I need to use it up, rather than stamp a new pattern onto some plain paper.

Patti J said...

Love the dotted Swiss! Amuse used to have such beautiful colors of dotted paper that were white on the backside. Such fun to create with! Beautiful card, Lynette! Thanks for sharing :) and enabling!

Leslie Miller said...

But now you can have little polka dots in any color any time! I have a lot of dotted paper, too, but also polka dot background stamps and polka dot stencils. Hey, when you love polka dots... Really cute card, Lynette!