Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Retirement in Gold

Our pastor retired on Sunday. He was more than our pastor, though - he and his wife were our friends. What a sad day! (But I am very happy for them!) This is the card that I made for him/them.

The main image is a die-cut. I cut it three times from white cardstock and one time from gold foil cardstock. The sentiment was printed from my computer on my laser printer. Then I used my laminator and gold foil on it. The sentiment is matted with gold foil and mounted on foam squares. The main layer is a textured ivory cardstock. I matted that with gold foil, also. The card base is kraft and is approximately 3 1/2 by 6 1/4 inches.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I think I have seen that die sometime but would not have thought about how to use it. It's perfect for a retirement card. Love it!

Cheryl W said...

I was just looking at my clock dies today thinking I should use them again. I've made a few "Time to Celebrate" cards for birthdays, but hadn't thought about using it for a retirement card. What a great idea, and your card looks fabulous with the metallic gold. I like the size of it, too.

Leslie Miller said...

What a nice card for masculine retirement! I hope you'll like your new pastor, as well.