Sunday, April 17, 2016

Botanical Garden #3

My third card using the Stampin' Up! set called "Botanical Garden." And it's even simpler than Friday's card! :)

While trying to figure out what I wanted to do with this stamp, I thought I would go with a light blue background. For some reason, I thought I had some light blue embossing powder (that I had never used) and I was right. So, I stamped the image with Versamark ink and embossed with the light blue powder. My plan was to color the flowers, but I liked it so much plain, that I just left it. I matted with matching blue cardstock. It's very rare for me to not put a sentiment on my cards, but this one seemed right without one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

It is so pretty just as it is. So soft and sweet. Great card

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The light blue embossing powder matches the card stock perfectly! It's a lovely card!

Darnell said...

You know me, the simpler, the better! I love them all, Lynette, but I have to say, this one is my favorite! It's clean, precise, textured, and done in a most-amazing robin's egg blue color!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

I really like the simplicity of this card and the delicate blue color.

Jeanne H said...

A very lovely card! I love blue on cards always.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, I like it plain, too. Very fresh and clean. This is one of my favorite color combos. Your card is absolutely perfect, Lynette!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful-simple-delicate card. Great job Lynette. Raquel