Monday, April 11, 2016

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Sunday is my dad's 91st birthday and this is the card I made for him. I didn't get a great picture of it, as the gold shimmery paper and the gold embossing don't look like a great match. Trust me - they look much closer in color in real life!

The main image is another stamp from the Stampin' Up! set called "Baroque Motifs." I stamped on black with Versamark ink and embossed with detail gold embossing powder. I cut it with a Nestability die and matted with a scalloped circle cut from shimmery gold paper. The sentiment, also embossed with gold embossing powder, is from My Favorite Things. I matted the black layer with gold, also, and used a kraft card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very attractive card! Happy Birthday to your father!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.

I hope you cherish every year (month, day, moment) you have with your father. I lost each of my parents very suddenly with neither of them having any previous illness. My mom was only 69 when she passed away and my dad was only 73. It is so hard to lose a parent no matter what the circumstance, but it is really a shock when they seem to be in perfect health and doing all the things they normally did. Probably TMI so I apologize for that. It's just one of those days when they had been on my mind anyway.

Leslie Miller said...

I didn't recognized the Baroque Motifs stamp at first. I would never have thought of it for a masculine card, but it's perfect! Love it in gold. Hope your dad is doing well!