Saturday, April 30, 2016

Graduation Congrats

This is the same layout as yesterday's card, but it has a completely different feel to it. It's for our former next-door neighbor who I babysat until he was three. I can't believe he's graduating already! The school colors are blue and yellow, in case you couldn't guess:)

I embossed the background with an old Cuttlebug folder. The graduation cap was done with Lifestyle Crafts dies. The two stamps are from a retired Stampin' Up! set called "Congratulations." (It was in my stack of stamps to use, but I only used these two stamps and called it good enough.) I used the "faux embossing" technique on the "Congratulations" but it's not as effective as it is on green. The blue strip is mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the graduation card. I have several to make and like doing them in the school colors when I know what they are.

Suzy said...

Again, love the card but just don't get how you do the cut out. How do you cut them out so evenly. I had a terrible time trying to line up both papers after I cut the holes out. You alluded to using this "technique" in the past - is there a post on how to do the cut out?
Thanks again for your fab blog! Suzy

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I honestly thought the "congratulations" was done with an embossing folder! Such a great technique which I'll have to try. This card looks fabulous! I love love it!