Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Faux Embossing


This card uses a stamp set from my current stack of Stampin' Up! stamps to use. The set is called "Beautiful Borders." It consists of two border stamps and four small sentiment stamps. You will see the other border and another sentiment soon, as I have used them on a card to be posted at a later date.

In the pile of card parts I went through recently, there was just a small snippet of card stock on which I had used this technique. I had no intention of using the small piece, but it reminded me to use this fun technique. I'm not sure what its "official" title is, but I'll call it "Faux Embossing" as it truly looks embossed in real life. You need to feel it to realize it really is flat. After doing the stamping, I scored a line above and below the border with my Scor-Pal. I stamped the sentiment underneath.

So, here is how you do this. As I used a wood-mounted stamp, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig. You could use your MISTI, too. You need matching cardstock and ink. I used SU Sage Shadow. I first stamped the image in Sage Shadow. I lined up my Stamp-a-ma-jig exactly over the image and then I shifted it slightly to the right. Then I stamped the image again using white ink. That's it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So pretty! The design even looks raised in the picture. That is a great technique.

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynette this looks embossed-I will need to see if I can get the same gorgeous look as yours. Have a good day. Raquel

Sandy said...

Yes, Lynette, this really looks like it is embossed. I love it. Thanks for sharing another technique that I will be trying.

Leslie Miller said...

This absolutely looks embossed, Lynette! I've done the shadow stamping with my Stamp-a-ma-Jig many times, but have not used white over it. Makes a big difference. Wow! Pretty card!