Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Sketchy" Birthday

This die-cut and stamped sentiment panel was also in with my ivory cardstock, so I decided to use it. It's mounted on foam squares. I cut another panel for my stamping and  yet another from the glittery cardstock for the bottom layer. The flowers are from a retired Stampin' Up! set that I've already used. It's called "Delight in Life." I happened to watch a video on Gina K's Stamp TV by Melanie Muenchinger in which she colored her flowers like this. She literally just scribbled on her flowers and they look awesome! So, I gave it a shot, and I like the way they turned out. You can find the video here - if the link works.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So pretty and i love those stitched pieces!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love that scribbly look on the flowers! I've tried to achieve a similar look, but can never seem to quite get there. These flowers are perfect for it. Pretty colors, pretty card!