Friday, April 29, 2016

Patterned Paper Birthday

I love cards with cut-outs - both full and partial. But, like so many other techniques, I forget to do them! So, on today's card I did it. :)

I used some more beautiful patterned paper for the background. This is from The Paper Studio's Mirabelle. I matted with pretty brown cardstock - Soft Suede from Stampin' Up! I placed the two layers together and cut the smaller circle with a Spellbinders die. Then I used the next bigger circle to enlarge the circle in the patterned paper. I mounted that panel on foam squares. The sentiment from Inkadinkado was stamped with matching ink. The butterfly was cut with a Memory Box die. I had the perfect color deep red cardstock that I first cut the butterfly from, but the brown actually looked better. The butterfly is also mounted on a foam square.

Edited to add: The embossing folder I used on Wednesday's card is Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Matelasse.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Thanks for the info on the Matelasse folder. Love this card also!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful dp and love the cut out area. I don't think to do that either. Just not enough hours in the day to use all the great techniques. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty paper and I love the cut out and how you placed the butterfly. I also like your way of layering the circle cut outs. I've been making it much more complicated, so thanks for the description.