Wednesday, April 20, 2016

New Beginning

I'm taking a mini-break (maybe longer) from my Stampin' Up! project to bring you this card.

I used a My Favorite Things stamp for the "watercolored" background. I actually used two colors of distress markers, but you can't tell. After stamping the blue, I added the butterflies from Inkadinkado. I colored with Copics and added a few white dots to the wings. The bottom border was punched with an EK Success punch and the scored lines were done with my Martha Stewart scoring tool. I added some orange bling to both the stamped image and also the punched border. The words of encouragement are a MFT stamp, also.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty..........such a delicate design!

bonnie32002 said...

I actually thought you painted the background; so great job! Love the fun butterfly's.

Leslie Miller said...

The butterfly stamp is so adorable! I just love it! Super pretty punched border, too. Punches are sometimes easier than die cuts, I think. Nice background stamp for a watercolor look!