Sunday, August 2, 2020

Birthday, Birthday

Both of these cards use images from Gina K. I colored them with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I then used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I mounted the flower and the outer edges of the leaves on foam squares. The sentiment on this first one is a Mrs. Grossman's sticker. I embossed the background with a Darice embossing folder. The finished size is 6.5 x 3.5. I have seven envelopes in the size that this will fit into, so I will be making more cards of this size.
The sentiment on this card is from the same Gina K set as the images. The flower is mounted on foam squares. The patterned paper is from Gina K, also. I added a thin strip of black above the gingham.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both of those cards are lovely! I think I've only ever made one card that would use a legal sized envelope. They're both great!

Cheryl W said...

Your coloring on these flowers is so pretty! I've never used Gamsol, so I've no clue how it works. If I ever decide to give it a try, maybe I'll have to get a lesson or two from you! I love your narrow card. It's fun to make these different sizes, isn't it?

Leslie Miller said...

These cards are both so very pretty, Lynette! You're good with the pencils and Gamsol. I love the size of the first card and have made a bunch over the years because I have envelopes that size, too. I'll run out soon and will have to look at my punch board to see if I can make some that size.