Friday, August 28, 2020

Split Gate-Fold Card

This is another card I made after watching a Jennifer McGuire video. I think it's called a split gate-fold card. I started with the scalloped matting. I had cut it out of purple glitter cardstock. I looked and looked to find some patterned cardstock that would match it. I finally found this from a Die Cuts With a View matstack. Then I realized that it hardly showed! Oh well. I used a Spellbinders die to cut the circles out of ivory cardstock. I embossed the circles with a Cuttlebug folder. I scored them, folded them in half, and added them to the scalloped circle. I punched a small hole in the circles for the knot of the bow to fit into.
Here is what it looks like when it's opened.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Interesting! I'm glad I carefully read what you did. So it isn't just one embossed circle cut in half? That a fun idea! The designer paper is light but it's very pretty!

Cheryl W said...

I saw Jennifer's video, too. I remember her adding that tiny punch to leave room for the knot. So smart! Your card turned out beautifully. The ribbon tie adds such a nice touch, and I think the DSP you selected is very pretty with its delicate design. FYI, I mentioned you in my blogpost today.

Leslie Miller said...

That's a cute take on the gate fold, Lynette! I have that same paper and it's one of my favorite pieces in the stack.