Monday, August 10, 2020

Birthday in Purple

Another piece from my "stash." I didn't even color this one myself - someone did it for me at our Group Gathering last year. i think it's quite gorgeous! :) I believe this stamp is from Penny Black. The stamp was inked up with markers before stamping. I couldn't bear to cut any of it off, so the finished size of this card is 5 x 7 inches, or thereabouts. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) on to vellum and placed it across the bottom of the image panel and wrapped it around the edges before matting. The sentiment is embossed with black embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This is just stunning! I can see why you couldn't bear to cut any of it off. As to the size of your card, sometimes we just have to "go big or go home!" LOL

Leslie Miller said...

It looks like Penny Black and it's absolutely gorgeous! Someone sure colored it up prettily! The vellum was a good idea.