Thursday, August 27, 2020

Long-Die Card

Both of these cards are 3.5 x 6.5 inches. I used dies (from Spellbinders?) for them. On this first one, I used the die with the detail to cut from a piece of white cardstock. I matted with purple and added it to the card front. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is mounted on foam squares.
For this second one, I used two dies. One is the detailed part, and the other cuts a "shadow" for it. I put them together so that I cut the detailed part right out of the shadow. I had cut the design out of shimmery green cardstock, and had some left over. I cut strips of it and added it to the top and bottom. I also used my Scor-Pal to add some decorative lines. The sentiment is again from Papertrey Ink and is again mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both are done very well! I like how you used the strip of left over green shimmer paper. I have started using left over narrow strips like that on the insides of cards. Why throw them away?

Leslie Miller said...

Two beautiful cards making clever use of this die! It's a fancy die design that has kind of a fun look, too. I love these cards, Lynette!

Cheryl W said...

These turned out beautifully! That die really gives them an elegant look, and I like both ways of using it. I need to look through all my dies and see if I have anything similar. This seems like a quick way to make some great cards.

Ann D said...

Thank you for posting these cards! I have had this die set in my unused bin for far too long. It is Spellbinders Shapeabilities #S4-441, the Mary Border Strip, and the package includes two dies -- the inset you have used and the outline border. Maybe now that the set is out again I'll use it! Thanks again.

Mary said...


Love both of your cards they are both so pretty.

Mary