Wednesday, June 17, 2020

An Old Technique - Bleach

I've watched a few Gina K videos while walking on my treadmill in the morning, and she recently did one using bleach. So, I thought I would do that. One of the colors of cardstock she used was her "Faded Brick," so I knew that it would turn yellow. (It's amazing the colors that various cardstocks turn when bleached!) The stamps I used (the flower sprig, the butterfly, and the sentiment) are all from Inkadinkado. I matted with black and placed it on a white cardfront.


I made the first card for the monthly swap in my stamping group. But, I liked it so much, I made four more after I mailed it out! Here are the others. I made another one from the Faded Brick cardstock, two from the green and one from the aqua. The colors don't come through so well in the photos, but they are quite pretty in real life.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love the look of these, Lynnette! I think the green is my favorite. Such a pretty stamp AND sentiment. Love that the "i" dots are tiny flowers. Cute!

Cheryl W said...

Oh, wow - I haven't done this technique in a few years! Your cards turned out so pretty. Did you color the leaves after bleaching them? I assume that's what you did. I wonder if any of my black cardstock would bleach and allow me to color it after bleaching. Hmmmmm...may need to try that.

Patti J said...

I love this technique, and rarely remember to use it. Thanks for the reminder! Your cards are so pretty! Great job!