Sunday, June 7, 2020

Masculine Birthday and Anniversary

I saw this technique on one of Gina K's videos. She used stencils for her embossing, but I used Cuttlebug folders. First I did the embossing. Then I used my Scor-Pal to make lines every half inch. For this first card, I dragged ink pads over the back of the embossing. I matted with black and added the die-cut sentiment, which is three layers thick plus shadow. I also brushed a bit of ink on the sentiment piece. This card will be used as an anniversary card for friends.

For this second card, I used the front of the embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That's a really interesting technique, and I like the way it turned out. I wonder what it would look like if you did lines in the other direction. Would it look like tiles? or would it just look a little "too much?" Maybe I'll have to give that a try. You always inspire me!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your cards are so beautiful, Lynette! This is one of the few techniques I do and really love it. I have a few pieces in a drawer and I just now jotted a note to remind myself to use them. Thank you! I like Cheryl's idea, too!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love the idea of scoring every half inch. Love the cards!