Monday, June 15, 2020

Anniversary Heart

As I visited a few blogs last week, I took a couple notes of what I wanted to do. I haven't done a challenge for quite a while and there were a couple that seemed interesting to me. So, here is my card for those challenges. The first challenge is: Let's Craft and Create Challenge #160. This challenge is to use a punch. My punch is an "anywhere" punch from Martha Stewart. It's been so long since I've used it, I had to look on-line and see how to do it! :) The second challenge is CAS mixup. It is to use embossed vellum and stamping. I embossed my vellum with a Darice folder. My sentiment is popped up on foam squares and is from Hero Arts. I added a bit of twine, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

This is such a pretty card, the heart punch works really well with the embossed vellum. I love the way the vellum subdues the red and yet you see a lovely pop of it through the heart. Thanks for taking the time to join us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful anniversary card. The hear punch out is perfect for an anniversary card and the red behind it is pretty. TFS

Bonnie said...

I love this pretty heart punched in the embossed vellum, Lynette! The twine completes the look perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cheryl W said...

Oh, wow! That turned out so pretty! I absolutely love that embossed vellum. It reminds me of a Pergamano design.

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful design and use of the punch and embossing folder on the Vellum. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up!

My Crafting corner said...

This is a beautiful elegant card Lynette. That punch certainly works so well.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

Loll said...

Beautiful card Lynette! I LOVE your dry embossed vellum over top of the red card stock. That heart punch is adorable and the red really pops. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Leslie Miller said...

That cute heart punch is a keeper and the embossing is very effective on the heavyweight vellum. You know me -- I always love embossing!

Jo said...

Love the red card base against this crisp well designed dry embossed vellum with the gorgeous heart aperture. Beautifully done.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Love your dry embossed vellum over your red cardstock with the punched heart that lets the red peek thru. A really beautiful anniversary card, Lynette. TFS and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy